I thought this was a great comparison, especially in our media crazed world!
- Heroes are admired for bravery, nobility, honor, and character. Celebrities are admired for beauty and talent.
- Heroes grow through suffering and we respect them for it. Celebrities flounder in dysfunction and we are amused by it.
- Heroes are followed; we want to learn from them. Celebrities are feted, we want to lounge with them.
- Heroes makes us feel unworthy when we are around them and not the best we can be. Celebrities make us feel special just to be near them.
- Heroes serve others with or without being noticed. Celebrities perform to be seen by others.
- Heroes don’t look for status, recognition, or payment. Celebrities look for the cameras and for lucrative compensation.
- Heroes desire to sacrifice for others. Celebrities enjoy others sacrificing for them.
- Heroes admit their faults. Celebrities flaunt their talents.
- Heroes deflect praise. Celebrities crave it.
- Heroes edify. Celebrities entertain.
Not trying to be cheesy, but we all know from Starting Five that Jesus is our Hero!