The Latest From Our Blog…
Questions for a Christian to Ask When Assessing Social Media Use
1. Does it help me read better? Does it build my ability to sustain thought, follow logical arguments, and reason on my own? (These things are needed for reading scripture, of course.)
2. Does it build my interpersonal skills, or make me less comfortable with presence? (That is, with the actual presence of another person.)
3. Does it foster my participation in actual groups (the body of Christ) or does it contribute to any unhealthy isolation? (Not that all time alone is bad of course, but there is an unhealthy isolation.)
4. Does it make me more, or less, aware of the people who are actually around me? (In many contexts–public, family, church–I must be engaged with those around me in order to have opportunities to love them and share the gospel.)
5. Does it provide a space for the Gospel to be preached that actually accords with the Gospel? (Verses like 1 Corinthians 2:1-5 are key here.)
6. If I am to seek to redeem my time (Ephesians 5), is this the best use of my time for the kingdom? Does it bear fruit (John 15), and does it bear much fruit?
7. Does the Spirit lead me (Romans 8:14) to use my time and resources this way?
8. Does this lead me, personally, into sin? (Matthew 5:29)
9. Does it lead ¬others into sin? (1 Corinthians 8:9)
10. Does it communicate the right things about the Gospel to the next generation? In other words, how does it disciple? (It’s always helpful to remember that we’re not only preaching to the lost, we’re also communicating to Christians)
More on the Young Adults Blog
For the week of July 26 to August 2 the Senior High Ministry took 100 students and staff to the Camp at Old Mill, just outside of Coatesville, PA. There we continued our decades-long partnership with County Corrections Gospel Mission, who runs ministry to at-risk youth from Coatesville year-round.
Our students helped run a day camp for more than 80 children. The days were filled with Bible-Teaching, songs, skits, and a variety of summer-camp activities including crafts and cooking, canoeing and creek swimming, zip-line riding, and more. Thank you for praying—we had another blessed and fruitful week of ministry.
Good Morning, the Summer Sports activity for today (July 15th) is CANCELED due to rain.
see you next week!