10 Helpful Evangelism Tips:
1. Let people around you know you are a Christian (in a natural, unforced way)
• Let the other person know that your Christian faith means something to you, even in passing: “my Christian faith has really helped me here…”
• Let them see the reality of your faith by the way you live your life:
• Loving and caring for people
• Being a person of integrity
Some people think “I have to find out a way to get the whole gospel out in one conversation or get in a debate about Creation and Evolution”. That’s not always the way to go. Be simple.
2. Ask friends about their faith – and just listen!
3. Listen to your friends problems – maybe offer to pray for them
4. Share your problems with others – testify to how your faith helps you
5. Give them a book to read
6. Share your story
7. Answer objections and questions
8. Invite them to church
9. Offer to read the Bible with them
10. In all these things, be praying that the Holy Spirit will give you the words to say.
We can (generally) start with 1-4.
If people are interested and want to talk more you can move them to stages 5-7.
If they’re still interested go on to stages 8-9.
Sometimes people will want to go straight to 8 or 9, but often people start from way back and need some time to think and discuss things in a non-pressured way. We often think that only stages 8-9 count and invest all our energy there. But often to get people at stages 8 and 9 you have to put the work in at 1-4. Sometimes you’ll have to keep going round the loop multiple times. Remember, these are just helpful tips, but not a formula. As you pray for the Holy Spirit to lead you in this, He will.